In yesterdays post, we talked about fish and chips using Aussie garfish, but Jessica Huff criticised in the comment that fried fish is not healthy for human consumption. That’s quite true but I actually did the fish two ways. LOL 😛 Another good trial to cook the fish was to get them grilled. This dish can be a good entree with grilled ciabatta or it can be a main on its own with some salad.
Grilled crusted garfish
This is a rather simple recipe.
1. Mix sesame seed oil and extra virgin olive oil in 1:1 ratio and brush the fish with this mixture on both side.
2. Mix Chinese five spices, salt and pepper well and cover the fish with this mixture.
3. Roast the fish in preheated 180 degree oven for 20 mins until thoroughly cooked and turn to grill until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, pan fry the haloumi cheese until golden color.
5. Arrange the fish and the cheese in the plate, garnish with spring onion and add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to finish.